THERE IS NO QUICK FIX to losing weight or looking slimmer. However, I seem to keep wanting to challenge that fact.
The day after Easter when I pigged out, I decided to try something I was suggested to do. I drank a shot of apple cider vinegar. I nearly gagged and almost threw up. I was willing to experiment because a friend, whom I respect, said I should drink a little apple cider vinegar to get rid of this pesky belly fat I can’t seem to eliminate. Now that I tried, I decided to do a little research. This article from WebMd can shed a little light on the realities of shooting apple cider vinegar when you wake up. Apple cider vinegar article from WebMd.
As you can see, there is no PROVEN science behind losing weight by drinking apple cider vinegar in the morning. However, it seems that there has been scientific evidence that the vinegar helps with joint issues. OK, but I am still stuck with this middle age belly!
Here are a few things I have decided to do recently, that have helped.
- Keep a food journal. You can do it the old fashioned way, or use a app. I have been using this one
- Drink more water, with or without lemon. Lemon, like the vinegar will not make you lose weight, but it will help you eliminate more efficiently. More on lemons
- Prepare some meals for your week so that you have healthy foods, that you LIKE ready at home.
- Make sure you are getting 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Increased cortisol makes weight loss difficult
- Don’t deny yourself, invite yourself to enjoy food, as you add in healthy and delicious choices, you will see your cravings for crap lift.
There are many other things that can help. These previous suggestions are a start. Stay tuned for more!!!